Perks of our Pet-Friendly Hotel in Key West
Let your four-legged friend get in on the fun when you bring him or her along on your next big adventure at Key West Bayside Inn & Suites. Designed to make you feel right at home, our pet-friendly hotel in Key West knows that a family vacation is not complete when there’s a member missing. With a one-time pet charge of $50, furry friends that are 40 pounds and under can experience the comfort and convenience of our apartment-style suites just steps from the ocean — just like you!
Of course, we have a few rules that pet owners must follow so that all guests have a relaxing experience at the hotel. Those include:
- Dogs are required to be leashed at all times while in any public area.
- For the safety of staff and other guests, please display your “Pet in Room” door magnet outside the room when the four-legged friend is present.
- Dogs are not to be left in the room unattended.
- Dogs are not allowed in the pool area.
- Pet owners must sign a loss/damage waiver upon check-in.
Our hotel is not the only pet-friendly paradise in Key West. Enveloped by numerous dog-friendly beaches, stores, restaurants and bars, this seaside city is the ultimate playground for canines and their crew.
The sights and sounds of The Sunshine State aren’t limited to the two-legged. Well-behaved pets are welcome to select sunset sails, dolphin watching, paddle boarding, kayaking and custom beach combing/snorkel charters.
Dog Parks and Beaches
Soak up the sun, sand and sea with your best friend at one of these nearby hot spots:
- Higgs Beach Dog Park @ White Street Pier — unleashed (2.9 miles)
- Higgs Beach @ White Street Pier — leashed (2.9 miles)
- Dog Beach @ Vernon and Waddell — unleashed (2.9 miles)
Pet Day Care & Walking Services
While Key West Bayside Inn & Suites does not allow dogs to be left in the room unattended, you’re encouraged to utilize our nearby pet day care service for the days Fido needs a break from exploring Florida.
- Sustainable Pooch: 1-305-923-1783
Restaurants and Bars
Soak up the outdoors while keeping your pup entertained at one of the numerous dog-friendly restaurants in Key West, FL, just minutes from our hotel:
- Hurricane Hole: 5130 Overseas Highway (0.9 miles)
- Roostica: 5260 Macdonald Avenue on Stock Island (1.2 miles)
- Hogfish Bar & Grill: 6810 Front Street on Stock Island (2.2 miles)
- Bistro Sole: 1019 White Street (2.3 miles)
- Azur: 425 Grinnell Street (2.8 miles)
- Dante’s Restaurant: 951 Caroline Street (2.8 miles)
- Help Yourself!: 829 Fleming Street (2.9 miles)
- Martin’s: 917 Duval Street (2.9 miles)
- Pepe’s: 806 Caroline Street (2.9 miles)
- Salute! on the Beach: 1000 Atlantic Boulevard (2.9 miles)
- Banana Café: 1215 Duval Street (3 miles)
- B.O.’s Fish Wagon: 801 Caroline Street (3 miles)
- Croissants de France: 816 Duval Street (3 miles)
- Grand Vin Wine Bar: 1107 Duval Street (3 miles)
- Vino’s Wine Bar: 810 Duval Street (3 miles)
- Schooner Wharf Bar: 202 William Street (3 miles)
- Pinchers: 712 Duval Street (3.1 miles)
- 2 Cents: 416 Appelrouth Lane (3.2 miles)
- Blue Heaven: 729 Thomas Street (3.2 miles)
- Onlywood Pizzeria: 613½ Duval Street (3.2 miles)
- Willie T’s: 525 Duval Street (3.2 miles)
- Santiago’s Bodega: 207 Petronia Street (3.3 miles)
- Smokin Tuna Saloon: 4 Charles Street (3.3 miles)
- The Boathouse: 700 Front Street (3.3 miles)
- Sunset Pier: 0 Duval Street (3.5 miles)
Fluffy deserves a souvenir, too! Check out these unique shops designed with man’s best friend in mind:
- American Dog Outfitters: 1454 Kennedy Drive (1.1 miles)
- Dog 30: 1025 White Street (2.3 miles)
- Puptown Girl: 627 Eaton Street (3 miles)
If an accident occurs, rest assured you’re just minutes from some of the top pet clinics and hospitals in Florida, including:
- All Animal Clinic: 1-305-294-5255 (24-hour answering service)
- Key West Vets and Pets: 1-305-294-0099 (24-hour answering service)
- Lower Keys Animal Hospital: 1-305-294-6335
- Marathon Vet Hospital: 1-305-743-7099 (Open 24 hours for emergencies)